With the election less than a week away, I wanted to take this opportunity to introduce myself and to announce my candidacy for City Council of Eminence. Many of you may already be familiar with me and my family through the volunteer work that we have done since returning to Eminence six years ago.
Over the past several years, we have had the opportunity to live in various cities across the Eastern half of the United States due to transfers in my husband’s career. Given the option of a permanent position locally, we decided to take the opportunity to settle back here in his hometown where he was raised and eventually graduated from Eminence High School. Having lived in other cities, we were able to experience life in larger cities and different cultures. When time came, it was not hard to decide that this is exactly where we want our children to be raised and educated. My parents and this town have taught us commitment, honesty and virtue: traits we want to pass along to our children.
If elected as a member of the City Council I will come to you with experience and dedication including:
• Served on the Education Foundation Committee of Eminence Independent School System
• Served on the Site Based Council for Eminence Independent School System
• Served on the Calendar Committee for Eminence Independent School System
• Served four years as a member of the Eminence Booster Club
• Served two years as President of the Eminence Booster Club
• Served approximately three years as Secretary/Treasurer on the Board of Volunteers for the Henry County Youth League
• Served as Treasurer for the City of Worthington Hills Louisville
• Served as City Council Member of Worthington Hills Louisville, in charge of Roads and Transportation
When I decided to run for City Council, I made a commitment to all residents to stay positive and focused on the issues that are burdening our community. I want to form a City Council format that will allow everyone’s voice to be heard so that we can work together to strengthen our city as a whole. We have been divided for far too long and by working together as a community we can face the issues head-on and resolve them. I want to help build Eminence into a city that will shine in comparison to others.
Let us remember our Nations Motto: “Together We Stand, Divided We Fall.” I am asking for the opportunity to serve on the City Council and to work for the Residents of Eminence.