The votes in the Primary Election for Henry County have been tallied.
These are the unofficial results from the county clerk’s office in the Democratic Party Primary Election for the local races:
• County Clerk: Shanda E. Archer received 1,886 votes, or 80.36 percent of all cast, as compared to the 461 votes, or 19.64 percent, for Chrisana Jones Clifford.
• Magistrate - 3rd District: Jason Stanley prevailed over two others in the race. Stanley got 269 votes, or 57.85 percent.
Candidates Mark S. Morris received 154 votes, or 33.12 percent, and Pat Williamson, 42, or 9.03 percent.
• Magistrate - 4th District: Nick Hawkins received 354 votes, or 89.85 percent of all ballots cast.
One-time opponent, Joe Godbey, had withdrawn from the race.
• Constable - 4th District: Richard Jaehnigen got 235 votes, 61.52 percent, as compared to 147 for Brandon Michael Cobb.
• Magistrate - 5th District: Michael Fisher won with 315 votes , 61.40 percent, with Wesley Beverly Sr. following with 198 votes, or 38.60 percent.
• Magistrate - 6th District: Jerry Beasley won with 282 votes, or 63.66 percent, as compared to Justin Atchison’s 161 votes.
There were no local races in the Republican party.
Watch for more on the primary election in the May 28 edition of the Henry County Local.