Henry County Relay For Life
Mark your calendars for the following fundraisers all held in an effort to raise money and awareness for the American Cancer Society:
• Barb's Bud's will sponsor the first ever Henry County Tractor Run on Saturday, April 12. More Details will be announced next week in the Henry County Local.
• Also on April 12 a Relay For Life Corn Hole Tournament will be held at Harry Hill Park, 2nd Pavillion beginning at 11 a.m. Sponsored by "Family Thang" Relay Team. Cost is $20 per team and registration deadline is April 10. Chili lunch/supper and raffle opportunities. Contact Suzanne Banta at (502) 845-7244, Melissa Perkinson at (502) 220-1837 or Jennifer Eldridge at (502) 220-1121.
• A three on three basketball tournament will be held on Saturday, April 19 beginning at 10 a.m. at the Morgan Community Center in Bedford. Tournament is for ages 10 and up and a maximum of 3 players per team. Male and female tournaments will be held and there is a $30 registration fee per team. There will also be a half court shot competition and an Around the World 3 point Competition. Entry fee for half court competition is $5 and for Around the World is $10. All proceeds go to Henry County Relay For Life. Tournament is sponsored by Tri-County Fellowship's Relay For Life Team and registration forms can be picked up by contacting Tara Hawkins at (502) 255-4974 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Relay Day at Harry Hill Park will be held on Saturday, May 17th. Car show, motorcycle show, corn hole tournament, food and much more! Booth rental is $15 per booth. Final date to sign up is May 5th. Anyone interested in having a booth for their team please contact Tara Hawkins at (502) 255-4974 or email@example.com.
Also on this day there will be a Poker Run. Sign-ups will be from 11 to noon at Hometown Pizza in Eminence. $10 single rider; $5 passenger. All vehicles welcome.
• Henry County Local this year will sponsor a "Darling Baby" contest for ages 0 months to 12 months and a "Sweetie Pie" contest for ages 13 months to 48 months. Registration and deadline information will be announced at a later date in the Henry County Local. Watch for details!
High School Dress Code Committee Seeks Inputs
As part of its annual policy reviews, Henry County High School's Site-Based Decision-Making Council has created a Dress Code Review Committee, comprised of five teachers, three students and two parents. The committee is charged with reviewing the current year's dress code and making recommendations on any future changes. A final report is due to the site council on May 6.
As part of this review, the Dress Code Committee will be holding an open forum for parents and students on Tuesday, April 15. Students will be afforded the opportunity to discuss their ideas and opinions from 4-6 p.m. that afternoon. Parents will be able to express their views at the end of the PTO session scheduled for 7 p.m. that evening. In addition to these meetings, students and teachers will be surveyed in class to gather evaluative data on the policy.
Anyone interested in discussing dress code issues for the high school are cordially invited to these forums, which will be chaired by JROTC's Lt Col (Ret) Mark Fassio, the committee chairman. You may contact him for further information at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 845-8670, ext 7802.