A Pendleton man lost his life and another was injured during a propane tank explosion at the C.A. Garner Veneer plant in Smithfield on May 31.
Michael Guse, 50, and Rick DeBurger, both plant managers, were unloading a propane tank from DeBurger’s pick-up truck when they noticed a leak. Guse removed his shirt to shut the valve and the static electricity from the shirt ignited the tank, according to Guy Coombs, Lake Jericho Fire Department Chief. Guse died as a result of his injuries on June 5 at the University of Louisville Hospital.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Henry County, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.