Mark your calendars for the following fundraisers all held in an effort to raise money and awareness for the American Cancer Society:
• The United Citizens Bank Relay For Life team is raffling two beautiful Mother’s Day baskets. Tickets are $1 each or seven for $5 and are available at any of the Henry County locations. The drawing will be at noon on Friday, May 9 at the Campbellsburg office. You do not have to be present to win.
• PBI Bank Relay For Life team is also having a Mother’s Day Raffle for a six piece Waverly Dinnerware place setting with glasses that also includes placemats, napkins and rings and silverware. Tickets are one for $2 or three for $5. Drawing will be held on Friday, May 9 at the Pleasureville location.
• Relay Day at Harry Hill Park will be held on Saturday, May 17th. Car show, motorcycle show, corn hole tournament, food and much more! Booth rental is $15 per booth. Final date to sign up is May 5th. Anyone interested in having a booth for their team please contact Tara Hawkins at (502) 255-4974 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Also on this day there will be a Poker Run sponsored by the Henry County Scrappers Relay For Life team. Sign-ups will be from 11 a.m. to noon at Hometown Pizza in Eminence. $10 single rider; $5 passenger. All vehicles welcome, no alcohol. Free t-shirt to the first 20 sign-ups, door prizes, 50/50 tickets $1 each or 6 for $5, $5 plate lunch and music by Shades of Grass at Harry Hill Park from 3 to 5 p.m. For more information contact: Di Berry (502) 667-0044; Jacklyn White (502) 641-4638; Olivia Dills (502) 845-6465; or Harriet Devore (502) 845-7545.
• The Henry County Local will sponsor a “Darling Baby” contest for ages 0 months to 12 months and a “Sweetie Pie” contest for ages 13 months to 48 months. Registration will be from May 19 to May 30 and will cost $5 per entry (proceeds to Relay). Stop by the Henry County Local Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. during the above mentioned dates to enter. Photos will run in the Henry County Local June 11, 18 and 25 and voting will begin on June 11. There will be a 25 cent minimum to vote. Winners will receive prizes! All proceeds go to the Henry County Relay For Life. Contact Tawnja Morris for more information at (502) 845-2858.
• Henry County Scrappers Relay For Life team will host a Pampered Chef Show on Thursday, May 29 beginning at 6:30 p.m. at the 4-H building at the Henry County fairgrounds. As May is Pampered Chef’s Cancer Awareness month, the catalog will feature special cancer awareness products. Please RSVP to the following numbers or call to place your catalog order: Diana Berry (502) 667-0044, Jacklyn White (502) 641-4638; Olivia Dills (502)845-6465; or Harriet Devore (502) 845-7545.
• There will be a Port Royal Poker Run on Saturday, June 7 beginning at 11 a.m. for an approximate four hour ride. $250 prize and free meal afterwards. Door prizes and silent auction. Starting point will be at Port Royal Baptist Church. Please call Kevin Hayden at (502) 947-7211 or (502) 525-7114 for more information.