- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Relay For Life in Henry County is quickly approaching, scheduled for Friday, June 26, at the Henry County High School Track. Below is a list of upcoming activities that are taking place throughout the county in an ongoing effort to raise money and awareness for the American Cancer Society (all proceeds will benefit Henry County Relay For Life):
• Saturday, May 9 — Campbellsburg Chiropractic will be having a Relay For Life sidewalk yard sale outside the office in Campbellsburg from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Rain or Shine!
• Tuesday, May 12 — Cook’s Relay for Life team will have Hometown Night from 6 to 9 p.m. dine in or carry out. A portion of the proceeds will go to Relay For Life.
Team Captain’s meeting will be at 7 p.m. at the Henry County 4H Building at the fairgrounds.
• Wednesday, May 13- Registration begins for the Henry County Local’s Darling Baby (0-12 months) and Sweetie Pie (13 to 48 months) contests. Entry fee will be $5 and votes will be a minimum of 25 cents per vote. All proceeds will go toward the Henry County Local’s Relay For Life team. View entries in the Local and begin voting June 10, 17 and 24. Registration deadline will be Friday, May 29. For more information contact Tawnja at (502) 845-2858.
• Saturday, May 16 — Relay Day at Harry Hill Park will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Booth rental is $10 and everyone is asked to be set up by 10:30 a.m. Several events will be held on Relay Day including food, entertainment and more! Henry County’s Got Talent Competition will also be held at 12 noon. To sign up and contest rules please contact Tara Hawkins at email@example.com or by phone at (502) 255-4974. Also this day the Henry County Scrappers Team will sponsor a poker run that will begin and end at Harry Hill Park. Registration will be from 11 a.m. to noon and cost is $10 ($5 extra rider). For more information call Diana Berry (502) 845-7760, (502) 667-0044 or (502) 845-7547, Carl Hall (502) 845-7136, Jacklyn White (502) 514-4638 or Harriett Devore (502) 845-7545. Additionally, there will be a car show from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be a trophy awarded to the crowd favorite and entry fee is $5.
• Saturday, May 23 — The second annual Henry County Spring Tractor Drive will be held with registration beginning at 10:30 a.m. Cost will be $15 per tractor and the approximate 22-mile drive will begin at 1:30 p.m. Unload tractors at Henry County fairgrounds, travel through Franklinton, continue through Bethlehem and Pleasureville and returning to the fairgrounds. For more information including requirements contact William Potts at (502) 220-0431.
Also, Hussey Copper Relay For Life team will host “Scrappin 4 Relay” from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the Henry County 4H Building. Cost is $25 and includes 4x4 space to scrapbook, food and drinks. Scrapbook supplies and scrapbook classes will be available for an additional cost. For more information please contact Connie Singleton at (502) 845-5663 ext. 2638 or Sandi Hayden at (502) 220-0391.
• Thursday, May 28 The Henry County Scrappers will host a Pampered Chef Show featuring Cancer Awareness products at 6:30 p.m. at the 4H Building at the fairgrounds. RSVP to Diana Berry (502) 667-0044; Jacklyn White at (502) 641-4638; Harriett Devore at (502) 845-7545 or Olivia Dills at (502) 845-6465.
• Friday, June 5 — Cooks will have a barbecue at the Eminence location with proceeds benefiting the Relay For Life team.
• Saturday, June 6 — Henry Christian Church will have a yard sale with proceeds going to their Relay For Life team.
• Sunday, June 7 — Franklinton Baptist Church will be having a pork barbecue dinner after church with proceeds going to Relay For Life. For more information contact Tara Peyton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other ongoing activities
• Barb’s Buds will sell flip flops and t-shirts for cancer awareness. For more information contact Amy Jameson at (502) 845-8600.
• Eminence Baptist Church is raffling a $100 Wal-Mart card. For information contact Dana Rose at email@example.com.
• Pleasureville Baptist Church is selling personalized pans again this year. Please call Linda Payton at (502) 878-5907 for more information.
• The New Castle Fire Department is also selling 100 percent aluminum reflective 911 address signs. They are green reflective with one to five numbers possible. They will be $15.