- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Relay For Life in Henry County is quickly approaching, scheduled for Friday, June 26, at the Henry County High School track. Below is a list of upcoming activities that are taking place throughout the county in an ongoing effort to raise money and awareness for the American Cancer Society (all proceeds will benefit Henry County Relay For Life):
• Friday, April 3 — United Citizens Bank will host a bake sale in the lobby of the New Castle office beginning at 9 a.m.
• Tuesday, April 14 — Team Captain Meeting will be held at 7 p.m. at the Henry County 4H Building at the fairgrounds. All captains are encouraged to attend.
• Saturday, May 16 — Relay Day at Harry Hill Park will be held from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Booth rental is $10 and everyone is asked to be set up by 10:30 a.m. Several events will be held on Relay Day including food, entertainment and more! Henry County’s Got Talent Competition will also be held at 12 noon. To sign up and contest rules please contact Tara Hawkins at email@example.com or by phone at (502) 255-4974. Also this day the Henry County Scrappers Team will sponsor a Poker Run that will begin and end at Harry Hill Park. Registration will be from 11 a.m. to noon and cost is $10 ($5 extra rider). For more information call Diana Berry (502) 845-7760, (502) 667-0044 or (502) 845-7547, Carl Hall (502) 845-7136, Jacklyn White (502) 514-4638 or Harriett Devore (502) 845-7545. Additionally, there will be a car show from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. There will be a trophy awarded to the crowd favorite and entry fee is $5.
• Saturday, May 23 — The second annual Henry County Spring Tractor Drive will be held with registration beginning at 10:30 a.m. Cost will be $15 per tractor and the approximate 22 mile drive will begin at 1:30 p.m. Unload tractors at Henry County fairgrounds, travel through Franklinton, continue through Bethlehem and Pleasureville and returning to the fairgrounds. For more information including requirements contact William Potts at (502) 220-0431.
• To be announced — The Henry County Local will once again sponsor the Darling Baby and Sweetie Pie Contests. Entry fee will be $5. Registration and publish dates in the Local will be announced at a later date.
If you have an event or activity you would like to see published in the Local, please contact Tawnja Morris at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 845-2858.