As we prepare for the Veterans Day assembly at Henry County High School, I wanted to once again thank the donors who contributed, this time by publicly recognizing them. I also want to list the details of the assembly, for anyone wishing to attend.
The owners and members of the following organizations – as well as the individual households listed– allowed us to reach our goal of providing medals to award veterans at this year’s assembly:
1. Norms’ Food World
2. REP Rick Rand (Rand Insurance Agency)
3. Henry County High School Student Council (through Mrs. Jerona White)
4. HCHS Principal Jim Masters (General Use funds)
5. United Methodist Women’s Club (through Mrs. Edith Tennill)
6. Henry County Chamber of Commerce (through Mrs. Pat Wallace)
7. Historic Kentucky, Inc (through Mrs. Mae Peniston)
8. Shelby Energy Cooperative (through Ms. Theresa Atha)
9. Second Wind Project (through Ms. Maryellen Garrison, HC Coop. Extension Svc)
10. Pyles Body and Paint
11. Steel Technologies (through Mr. Russell Parrish)
12. Harry and Mary Mitchell
13. Bob and Paula Holden
14. Earl and June Smith
15. Mrs. Margaret Hayden
16. Mrs. Sue Evelyn Chilton Barnett
We sincerely thank you all; this assembly is dedicated not just to the veterans for their service, but also to you, for helping make this a reality.
For anyone wishing to attend, the assembly will be in the High School Gym on Wednesday, Nov. 11. Try to arrive by 0900, as we hope to begin around 0915; the ceremony will conclude no later than 1030. Veterans: please sign in upon arrival, so you can be recognized.
Mark A Fassio, Lt Col, USAF (Ret)
Senior Aerospace Science Instructor, HCHS JROTC